Become a Board Member
Share your time and talents to help AIM succeed by joining our Board of Directors!
We are looking for talented, well-connected community members to serve on the Board. Do you have skills and expertise that could benefit the mission of AIM?
AIM's mission and vision proclaim our commitment to participation and inclusiveness for individuals with disabilities. With that in mind, we heartily encourage individuals with disabilities to apply to be board members.
Characteristics of successful Board members include:
- Passion for AIM’s mission
- Respect for others
- Thoughtful communicator
- Leadership skills
- Forward thinking/ visionary
- Maintain diverse community connections
Responsibilities of AIM’s Board members include:
- To ensure the mission is aligned with the purpose of the organization
- To support and evaluate AIM’s senior leadership
- To ensure effective strategic planning
- To provide financial oversight
- To monitor and strengthen programs
- To ensure legal and ethical integrity
- To enhance AIM’s public standing
Expectations of Board Members include:
- Represent AIM in the community.
- Interpret AIM’s work and values to the community.
- Interpret our consumers’ needs and values to the organization, speak out for their interests, and on their behalf.
- Attend at least 75% of board meetings, committee meetings, and special events.
- Make a financial contribution at a level that is personally meaningful.
- Actively participate in one or more fundraising activities.
- Stay informed about current organization programming.
- Work in good faith with staff and other board members toward achievement of organizational goals.
Are you willing to be an advocate for AIM and encourage others to get involved?