Become a Board Member
Share your time and talents to help AIM succeed by joining our Board of Directors!
We are looking for talented, well-connected community members to serve on the Board. Do you have skills and expertise that could benefit the mission of AIM?
Characteristics of successful Board members include:
- Passion for AIM’s mission
- Respect for others
- Thoughtful communicator
- Leadership skills
- Forward thinking/ visionary
- Maintain diverse community connections
Responsibilities of AIM’s Board members include:
- To ensure the mission is aligned with the purpose of the organization
- To support and evaluate AIM’s senior leadership
- To ensure effective strategic planning
- To provide financial oversight
- To monitor and strengthen programs
- To ensure legal and ethical integrity
- To enhance AIM’s public standing
Expectations of Board Members include:
- Represent AIM in the community.
- Interpret AIM’s work and values to the community.
- Interpret our consumers’ needs and values to the organization, speak out for their interests, and on their behalf.
- Attend at least 75% of board meetings, committee meetings, and special events.
- Make a financial contribution at a level that is personally meaningful.
- Actively participate in one or more fundraising activities.
- Stay informed about current organization programming.
- Work in good faith with staff and other board members toward achievement of organizational goals.
Are you willing to be an advocate for AIM and encourage others to get involved?